Postpartum Doula Services
A postpartum doula is an experienced professional who supports you and your family as you welcome the newest member of your family. She spends time at your home after the baby arrives to help your family discover your new normal by:
- Ensuring you are fed, rested, and validated
- Helping with basic household functions (light cleaning and tidying, laundry, etc.)
- Cooking nourishing food and snacks
- Listening when you feel like talking
- Recommending resources including lactation consultants, perinatal therapists, infant chiropractors, pediatricians, etc.
- Helping you establish a good breastfeeding relationship if this is the way you choose to feed your baby
The time a doula spends in your home will ease your entrance into parenthood and make it easier for you to bond with your new baby. Day time shifts are offered in blocks of 4 hours between the hours of 7am and 8pm. Overnight hours are offered in blocks of 8 hours between the hours of 8pm and 7am and can be extended as requested. Depending on the time of day and number of hours requested, the hourly rate is between $30-$35 an hour.
A doula can also be contracted to spend the night in the hospital with you after your baby is born allowing your partner to get a good night's sleep and prepare the house for your arrival.