What is a Labor Doula?
A doula is an experienced labor companion who provides emotional and physical support before, during, and after birth. Studies have shown that a Doula can help to shorten first-time labors, decrease cesarean sections and the need for pain medication, help fathers participate with confidence, and lead to a more successful breastfeeding relationship.
- Prenatal visits
- Help writing a birth plan
- Text, phone, and email support during your pregnancy through post-partum
- 24 hour on call status two weeks before your “due date” through the birth of your baby
- Professional labor support at the birth place of your choice
- A post-partum visit in your home approximately a week after your birth to answer any questions you might have, to help process the birth, and ensure Mother and baby are recovering and adjusting well
There is no charge or obligation to potential clients for an introductory meeting. I will describe my services, answer any questions, and help you decide how I can best support your family. Because I believe money should never be a barrier to you having the support you deserve at your birth, I am happy to discuss creative payment options including payment plans and barter/trades. My fee for the complete package is $900 - the first half due with contract, second half at our post-partum visit.